Sunday, May 28, 2006

On the bus today, I caught a peek of The Washington Post and on the front page was nothing else but a well written story about the November 19th ambush by United States marines after the killing of one of the lance corporals. I don't want to be the only one that does not know about the story so I am going to do as I always do and give you the link to the story online so you can read it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/26/AR2006052602069.html.

Before I go on any further, I have to continue to comment on the writing style of Ellen Knickmeyer who really puts it down in this article as she is the person that can provide me with a clear picture of what happens without me really being there. I read Samuel G.Freedman's book, Letters to a Young Journalist and he talks of hitting people's emotional buttons by just being really descriptive and paying attention to every detail. This is one good example of such a thing and I just want to thank Ms. Knickmeyer for introducing me to such a good example of good journalism.

Moving on...America's vengeful and dog eat dog nature continues to show through the actions of these marines. How can the president carry on his mission, if the marines cannot take anything seriously and continue to be in the news time after time for a new shenanigan. The first couple of instances where just some sort of weird twisted perverted manifestation of these sick marine Corp people when they took pictures of naked prisoners while they torture them. Now there's news of these "good" men carrying out their vengeance in the form of a raid on many innocent people. Twenty four were killed in all and by the end of the day there are no apologies and all that can show for the efforts of the officials to rectify the situation is just an "investigation".

I'm tired so I close this by just saying, America...GET OUT OF IRAQ ASAP. This war is about nothing serious anymore and in the eyes of other countries, we are bullies and nothing more. To me, politics on a worldly view is not at its best right now. The influence that we have as Americans continues to diminish a little everyday and eventually, our ideas of diplomacy and blah blah blah no longer are special. When my generation grows up, United States most probably will not be a world power and relations will never be good. Many are surprised at how I got all this from one incident but ladies and gentlemen, the fact of the matter is that it is quite that easy for stuff like this to happen and we have two choices. We can either accept what fate the US has been given and patiently wait for that to go down or try to rebuild some sort of democratic relationship with these countries and maintain our reputation in the best way possible starting with our stupid military. I think I like the second one much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home